Carl Durant November 2015 “Back to California”
“Back in SoCal” shows: 11/7 – 11/15
To promote his upcoming Live EP including two studio bonus tracks, Carl Durant planned a mini California West Coast tour in November 2015. The studio tracks were produced by Grammy-award winning Alan Sanderson in Pacific Beach and the release of “Fires&Earthquakes” on 6/30 was met with enthusiasm by music fans. Focus for the shows is on intimate venues providing a great listening environment.
Carl sings, plays a plugged-in acoustic guitar and uses a looper on a few songs. Set length can vary from 30′ to 2h with some more covers for the longer sets (just to keep the audience attentive).
On this page you find video&music, pictures and bio that can be used for event promotion and press articles.
Carl is available for interviews/in-studio performances.
Email: email@example.com; Phone: (858)876 4399
About the first single of 2015 “Fires&Earthquakes”
What listeners say:
“This definitely has a Fleetwood Mac feel that I enjoy very much. “
“Awesome acoustic sound… […]
I could see this song in a Quentin Tarantino movie”
Alan Sanderson worked with the Rolling Stones, Elton John, Ryan Adams, Fleetwood Mac and many more. Mastered by Brian Lucey (Black Keys, Ray Lamontagne)
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/203714138?secret_token=s-sdcdr” params=”auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true” width=”80%” height=”120″ iframe=”true” /]
Spotify link. Please consider adding it to your playlist !
All info (full credits, cover art, Making Of video and Lyrics video) can be found here. A dedicated promo page is here.
Pictures, cleared for use for promo are here. More music on SoundCloud here.
Live Recorded Video Carl
But first a track of the upcoming Live EP: Saturday Night
Press articles about Carl Durant can be found here (about Carl Durant in San Diego & Belgian magazines)
(Almost) complete list of past shows here.
- Adams Avenue Street Fair – San Diego – 2012 – Lestat’s West – Sept 29 and 30
(with Jack Tempchin, amongst many others)
- House of Blues – San Diego – 2011&2012 – Delta Room&Voodoo Stage
- Hard Rock Cafe – San Diego – 2011&2012
- Lestat’s West – San Diego – regular – 2009 through 2013
- Fundraiser VH1 Save The Music, Los Angeles, 2012 (with Milow, Cimorelli, Daniel Ho, Tia Carrere, Peggi Blu)
- Festivals in San Diego: Adams Ave Unplugged Festival 2012 , Art Around Adams 2012
- Clubs in San Diego: Anthology, Ruby Room, Winston’s Beach Club, Brick by Brick, Bar Eleven, Tin Can Ale House, The Stage, Mueller’s
- Fairs: San Diego County Fair (2010/11), Orange County Fair (2011/12), Mira Mesa Street Fair (2010/11/12)
- 8/15/2015: Crisisfestival (with national air-play receiving Willow and AKS)
- 5/15/2015: Het Depot in Leuven (Support for Berry Quincy, sold out 850 capacity venue)
- Headlined Egenhoven Feest 2014, with national TV-covered “Nekka-wedstrijd” winners (2000) Cherchez La Femme opening
- Shows at ‘t Archief and Deugniet (Egotripel launch)
- BOS Ice Tea Sessions – Gent – Het Paard van Troje
Originally from near Leuven, Belgium, Carl Durant went for a musical adventure in San Diego, CA that ended up lasting 11 years. Vocally reminiscent of The Decemberists, he became a regular in the coffeehouse circuit (Lestat’s, …) playing solo gigs with his looping pedal and finger picked or strummed guitar. With his live band he also gigged in venues as House of Blues and Anthology. About his self-released EP “Last Place”, the San Diego Troubadour wrote “Durant is a solid songwriter, with a lot of potential” and some airplay on local radio stations was well received: “LOVE the song “Appropriate” sounded good on the air tonight..” – Mookie (KPRI).
During his stay in California, Carl developed a European sound (think Ed Sheeran) infused with the West Coast songwriter influence of Jason Mraz, Tom Waits and the many great local artist. In Belgium he now performs with his live band “The Lost Kings”, while still regularly playing solo in intimate venues or living rooms.
In November he embarks on a mini-tour at his beloved West Coast to promote his new Live EP with two bonus-tracks produced by Grammy-award winning Alan Sanderson in Pacific Beach.